Careers - Front End Software Engineer
Are you passionate about using technology to help people? Do you love to code and build fantastic, intuitive user experiences?
Unyte is committed to bringing evidence-based neural solutions to the world. Our mission is to help guide every person to train their nervous system to become more aware, regulated and resilient so that they can feel safe, healthy, happy and respond effectively to life’s challenges.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Front End Software Engineer who will play a key role in developing a unique suite of digital products. If you enjoy contributing your skills to making a real difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you!
Unyte’s first product, Interactive Meditation (www.unyte.com), is a relaxation and stress management training tool that helps teach awareness, self-regulation and resilience through real-time biofeedback, interactive breathing exercises and mindfulness programs.
Unyte recently added to its product suite by acquiring Integrated Listening Systems (www.integratedlistening.com), a neurotechnology company that integrates auditory, movement and cognitive exercises to improve brain function.
Together, Unyte Interactive Meditation and Integrated Listening Systems have built a community of over 10,000 healthcare professionals in 40 countries, helping hundreds of thousands of children and adults achieve clinically significant improvements in learning, attention, behavior and performance.
UNYTE CORE VALUES
- How can I help?
- Do what matters.
- Move forward, learn by doing.
- Be aware, open-minded and responsible.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Take ownership of our user-facing web applications and associated codebase
- Develop and evolve delightful, intuitive applications and features
- Strike a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Create reusable, extensible, maintainable, elegant, practical code ;-)
- Weigh-in on design and user experience strategy and decisions
- Contribute to the product roadmap
- Become familiar with our back-end platforms and services
- Mentor and guide junior technical staff
- Analyze data to uncover areas for continuous improvement
- Work collaboratively to ensure our products have maximum impact
- Act as an ambassador for the Unyte brand
YOU ARE A GREAT CANDIDATE IF YOU HAVE
- A desire to work for an organization committed to making a positive impact in people's lives
- 3+ years of relevant front-end application development experience with React, Redux, Webpack
- Deep understanding of modern web application development best practices, libraries and tooling
- Familiarity with current front end testing frameworks
- Experience with backend integration via multiple API’s and technologies
- A product-focused mindset with demonstrated analytical skills
- Experience working in an iterative, agile development environment
- Awesome communication and collaboration skills
- Enjoy growing, learning and being stretched beyond your role
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial team player who loves working with people
WOULD BE A PLUS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with GraphQL API integrations
- Experience/understanding of backend development using the Node JS stack.
- Experience with serverless architectures e.g. AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions
- Successful product development experience
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
The opportunity to be part of a company at the cutting edge of the health technology industry; you’ll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment!
- Competitive compensation package including bonus pool
- Creating positive change in people’s lives
- Opportunity to make important technology decisions
- Benefits package
- Real work/life balance
- Passionate and collaborative co-workers
- Team lunches, optional meditation sessions
- Open work environment
- Flexible vacation
Please note: this role requires you to be based in Toronto, Ontario.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply!