Careers - Senior Software Engineer
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build out Unyte's innovative products and help as many people as possible live healthier and happier lives. Please review the job description below and email us at email@example.com if you are interested in applying.
With 5-10 years of software development experience, you will be the technical architect and owner of our entire web technology stack from the front-end user experience to the backend API’s, services and datastores. You also have a deep interest in personal health and wellbeing as well as a passion in helping others achieve optimum health. And you love writing beautiful, elegant, performant, efficient, extensible, maintainable code ;-)
The Unyte web stack is foundational to providing great online user experiences, data and content workflow services, billing and account management and highly-scalable directory and information services.
- Architecture, design and development of the entire Unyte web stack including front-end user experience and backend API’s and services.
- Creative input into new features with strong cross-functional collaboration abilities
- Relentless focus on user experience, operational efficiency and platform scale and stability
- Mentoring and management of junior technical staff
- Understanding of game development and associated native application development
- Implementation of data security, privacy and management best practices
- Strong desire to work in a startup-like environment
- Experience architecting, designing and implementing workflow-based backend platforms
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and Firebase services or similar
- Development experience with Serverless Computing and cloud functions
- Significant experience with Node.js
- Experience and comfort designing and developing RESTful API’s
- Solid foundation and understanding of high availability system architecture
- Familiarity with microservices and associated architectural patterns
- Solid knowledge of algorithms, design patterns, and componentization approaches
- Experience with unit testing, testing frameworks and continuous deployment
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with implementation of data security and privacy best practices
In addition, you may also have:
- Strong interest in health-related technologies
- Software development experience with C# or similar languages
- Familiarity with game development
- Keen interest in cross-platform application development
- Interest in Unity game development
- A lifelong passion for continually learning new technical skills
- Creativity, imagination and an eye for detail
- B.S., M.S., and/or Ph.D in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- Exceptional communication and analytical skills
An opportunity to work with an experienced management team to build products that significantly impact people’s lives and wellbeing. You’ll be empowered to invent and innovate, and be given clear ownership of engineering problems and solutions. You get to build products from concept to production in a progressive, positive, mission-driven work environment and have fun while doing it.
We also offer optional daily meditation sessions, weekly yoga classes, complimentary snacks and drinks, flexible work hours, fun team events and a casual, people-first work environment.
Send a note and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!